Why create CannerCMS?
TL;DR - Template CMS, Content Management System can build websites fast, but clients often need custom solutions? Well, what CannerCMS do is let creating custom CMS fast and easy with many clouds.
CannerCMS's core concept is using configuration as structure, and component as a unit. To achieve fast delivery and stability for developers and companies.
Before we built CannerCMS framework, we've tried most of CMS framework such as Wordpress, Drupal, etc. What we found was that getting simple functions to work was easy enough, but once you try to build and scale into your product or your service you ran into deeper issues...
The main difference: CannerCMS is a framework designed for customization.
- Humongous codebase: Each CMS framework is humongous and complex if you want to use them you have to install a huge codebase into your system, and most of the time it will affect and mess with all your existing code.
CannerCMS is only a React component.
- Hardcoded and limited APIs: APIs should not predefined and even hard-coded into codebases, which is critical for building advanced use cases and impossible to build into your system.
CannerCMS don't predefine any API and data structure.
- Re-inventing the view layer seemed inefficient and limiting: Most CMS rolled their own views, instead of using existing technologies like
React, so you have to learn a whole new system, in order to make some changes.
CannerCMS natively allows you to use
- CMSes are bound with frontend code: Many CMSes bind with frontend code, so there are many needless and complex conventional namings and settings in your codebase, you have to learn all the system before start designing your theme.
CannerCMS is an agnostic CMS for any application, includes websites, mobile apps, IoTs, and even chatbots.
- Vendor lock-in: Many CMSes are locked into a specific database and service, it's impossible to switch existing cloud services or databases later.
CannerCMS allows you to connect any database and host anywhere, we even allow you to use Canner in hybrid clouds.
- Building complex, nested CMS was impossible: Many CMS are designed for simple use cases such as blogs, e-commerce websites. As your service grow larger and complex, you'll run into several bottlenecks to grow your CMS that fits.
CannerCMS use schema to define your CMS, it could scale and could be built in large applications and usages.
- Building CMS fit your APIs was impossible: Most CMS are not purely CMS, they are designed for building templates in its own structure and platform. So it's nearly impossible to build CMS that fit into your existing infrastructure.
CannerCMS adapts to your APIs.
- Design CMS structure is like managing a huge code base: Maintaining your CMS structure is like a mess with huge code base with lots of conventions that you must follow.
CannerCMS is only a
Of course, not every CMS exhibits all these issues, but if you tried using another CMS you might have run into similar problems.
If that sounds familiar, you might like CannerCMS. Which motivates us to solve these problems.
If you are interested in how we solve these problems see Our mission