Hi everyone! We're happy to introduce Canner v3, which comes with following great features:
- Enhanced developer experience
- Built-in Authentication
- GraphQL Playground
- GraphQL API Access
- Supporting Firebase, Firestore and MongoDB
- Perfectly decoupled services
- Fully Self-hosted
Enhanced developer experience
@canner/cli, you can develop Canner CMS with better overview to all the logs, document and debug information.
Read our quickstart guide to build CMS in 3 commands.
We use OpenID Connect compliant authentication service to protect your CMS and GraphQL API.
Basically any service compliant to OpenID Connect can integrate with Canner CMS easily.
Learn more about our configuration at
Right now, with GraphQL Playground, it's easier for you to debug and make queries to see the changes.
GraphQL API Access
Supporting GraphQL API Access has been one of the most requested feature in Canner Community.
We hear you and we made it happen!
At Canner v3, you can set a
readOnlyAccessToken, allowing all the clients to access the GraphQL API without ability to mutate the data.
ReadOnly GraphQL API Access
Learn more about it at ReadOnly GraphQL API Access Section
Supporting Firebase, Firestore and MongoDB
It comes with better interface for developers to customize their own dataSource.
Learn more about customizing dataSource
Perfectly decoupled services
Canner decoupled itself into three services:
- CMS Service: Hosting CMS views and static files.
- GraphQL Service: Handling GraphQL Requests from CMS and clients.
- Authentication Service: Rendering Login view and compliant with OpenID Connect.
You can easily replace GraphQL Service with your own GraphQL Server, or separate out the GraphQL Service to scale it.
Canner is fully open-sourced and can be hosted on anywhere you want.
We're currently building the official docker image to make it even easier for you.
🚨 Migration from Canner v2 -> v3
For developers using Canner v2, we still have an issue on the different implementation on
We're currently dealing with it and we'll release a migration guide as soon as possible once we add this feature.
🌟 What's next?
We still have some work to do before Canner v3 becomes totally stable.
Here's the roadmap of our next steps:
- [Important] Add tutorials section to v3 document.
- [Important] Add more topics and guide regarding customization on Style changing, Authentication alternatives integrations and deployment guide ...etc.
- [Important] Publish official docker image.
- [Important] Migration guide from Canner v2 to v3.
- [Important] Canner Cloud migration to v3.
- [Important] More e2e tests to make it even more stable.
- [Important] Performance tuning on DataSource queries.
- [Important] More access control policy on GraphQL API.
- [Minor] Add Prisma Support to Canner v3.
We love feedbacks from community! Feedbacks from you guys always make us better.
If you think of anything, please don't hesitate to discuss with us on Spectrum.
Try Canner now! 👉 Canner Quickstart